A majority of car accident cases are settled outside of the courtroom. This is a good thing for victims of accidents because it ensures that they receive the amount they deserve without waiting for trials. But, the process can be difficult and mistakes could cause you to lose a significant amount of the amount you’ll need to start a new life. If you’re not ready to take your case to the courtroom or even an Car Accident Lawyers Montgomery will help you resolve your case with fairness and without delay.
Step One: Call the Insurance Company
The first step of the settlement process involves notifying the insurance company about the claim. The insurance company is put on notice that you’ll submit claims. This process can be a bit difficult since the insurance company is likely to have a number of questions regarding the accident. Certain of these questions are not important – the insurance company needs to know your contact details as well as the model and make of your vehicle, as well as the location and time when the incident took place.
Other questions can pose a problem. They might ask you whether you’ve been injured, and attempt to obtain your opinion regarding what caused the incident. What you say to them could affect your claim in the future. If you’ve been injured by a car accident the best thing to do is to contact an Accident Attorney Montgomery and allow them to handle correspondence with the insurance firm.
Step Two: Complete Your Homework
The next step of an settlement procedure is gathering all of the evidence related to the incident. This includes the following:
- The accident’s report received from the police
- Medical documents describing your injuries that were caused from the collision, your recommended treatment, your prognosis as well as any limitations that result from your injuries.
- All bills must be included in the copies, including medical expenses and estimates for the cost of repairing or replacing your car evidence of your wage loss and other financial loss
- Photos showing your injury, the damage to your vehicle and the aftermath of the crash
- Other documentation or notes you have may provide evidence of the effect the injuries you sustained have on your everyday life, for example, your inability look after your family members, engage in other sports and hobbies or perform everyday routine
This process can be challenging when you’re suffering and are struggling to make it through every day. Accident Lawyer Attorney Montgomery can also assist you about bus accident because they also deal with a number of Bus Accident Claims as a Bus Accident Lawyers Montgomery.
Step Three: Calculate What the Claim’s Value is
After you have compiled your documents You must then decide what your claim should be worth. This means that you’re estimating how much of compensation that you must be compensated in full. The claim for damages you file includes the following elements:
- Medical expenses, which includes those that are covered through your insurance, as and your out-of-pocket costs like copays or deductibles
- Loss of income if you cannot work due to the accident or be off for a few days to visit a doctor’s appointment or physical therapy
- The cost of repairing and replace the car
- Your suffering and pain
Many non-lawyers settle cases for lower than what they’re worth and end up in debt and unable to pay. A knowledgeable Accident Lawyer Attorney Montgomery will be able to determine the amount of your claim and make sure that you receive a fair compensation for the loss.
Step Four: Distribute the Demand Letter
If you’ve come to an accurate estimate of the amount of compensation you’re entitled to The second step will be to mail an email to the insurance company demanding they pay the amount. There isn’t a specific format to follow however, the letter must include sufficient details and evidence to support your claim. Accident Lawyer Attorney Montgomery which serve as a Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Montgomery can write an effective demand letter that puts out a convincing argument.
Step Five: Conciliate the Claim
Insurance companies seldom will pay the amount they are asked to. Instead, they respond by counter-offering. In this instance you are able either to agree to the counter-offer, or return with a different offer. That’s just one of those situations when working with an Car Accident Lawyers Montgomery can be extremely beneficial as they are able to leverage their expertise as a negotiator as well as their experience in auto accident cases to make sure you get the highest possible settlement.