Is your hard drive, or another storage device gone unreadable and is now marked as RAW? The common issue could be due to a number of causes (bad sectors, viruses attacking or formatting error and so on. ) however, it offers a variety of solutions. If your PC (Personal Computer) is experiencing technical difficulties or the dreaded “bad sectors, viruses attacking or formatting error or formatting error“, then expertly trained techs at Computer Repair Dallas are ready to help you now. The article we will discuss the free and paid options you can apply to recover data from RAW drives and guide you to decide which option is the best one for you.
What is a RAW Drive?
It is possible to think of that your drive is a cabinet that has multiple drawers each filled with documents binders. If you save a document in your drive it will automatically be placed into the appropriate binder. This will ensure that every file has its home and can easily be recovered.
The particular system that controls the way the data gets stored as well as retrievable is known as the file system. Some of the most commonly-used file systems are NTFS, FAT, exFAT, AFPS and ext4, to name a few examples. Without a file system your hard drive will be similar to a cabinet with no drawers or document binder: all your files are stacked in one large pile which would make it difficult to determine the exact location of a particular file. in.
When a hard drive is converted to RAW, it’s just like somebody took out every binder in a cabinet and put all documents in an unorganized pile. This is a bad thing since it means that you cannot access your data no longer. It’s a good thing that it’s possible to recover data from a RAW drive. You’ll must learn how to maximize your chances of success in recovering.
Can You Perform RAW Drive Recovery without Data Loss?
It is possible to carry out RAW data recovery without loss of data, however it is important to be aware that certain actions could render your RAW hard drives unrecoverable. If you experience a Data Loss Emergency at Home or at Work, contact Almighty PC Repair for immediate Data Recovery in Dallas at your home or business. For superb Data Recovery Experts in the Dallas area, call them now. Recovering Lost Data with the latest Data Recovery Software available is what our computer-data recovery tech-firms do so well.
Here are some RAW drive recovery rules and don’ts:
- Do not format your hard drive The formatting of a RAW drive isn’t going to solve anything. It actually creates RAW recovery of files harder because it damages your original system of file storage.
- Don’t write any new data onto your RAW hard drive The attempt to write any new data onto a drive with no functional file system is almost guaranteed to fail, and it could lead to an irreparable loss of important data.
- Avoid using an untested RAW drive recovery software: There are a variety of powerful software programs that allow you to quickly retrieve files from an RAW drive, however there are also some shady programs that will do more harm than good.
- Start RAW recovering your disk as quickly as possible: The quicker you start the process of recovery the more likely to be able to retrieve your files.
- Follow our directions If you’ve never reconstructed an RAW drive previously it isn’t a good idea to try out solutions that might be ineffective or not. If you follow the steps in the next section of the article you’re certain to be able to successfully recover all the files you can from the RAW drive as you can.
How do I Recover Data from the RAW Drive?
The options available to restore the RAW file system could be broadly divided into two groups that are paid and free. Let’s have a look at the techniques to give you a variety of choices.
1. Free Method 2: TestDisk
Test Disk is a free and open-source software whose primary function is to retrieve lost partitions or make disks that are not bootable. It can be useful in attempting to retrieve data from an RAW hard drive or different storage device.
TestDisk is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux It is available to download it straight through its official website. The main drawback is absence of a graphic user interface, however it’s a simple process when you follow the step-by-step directions in the following section.
To perform the Recovery of a RAW Disk Using Test Disk
- Launch TestDisk.
- Click the Create option to make a brand new log file.
- Choose the storage device that contains the partition deleted.
- Choose the type of partition table.
- Enter the Enter to review your current partition layout and search for missing partitions.
- Do an Quick Search for the deleted partition.
- (Optional) (Optional) Search to locate lost partitions which Quick Search could not restore.
- Create the New partitioning structure.
Have you had no luck having success with TestDisk? Then consider the two methods that are paid to perform RAW recoveries of drives.
Paid Method 1: Disk Drill
With Disk Drill you are able to restore any type of file from a RAW partition comprising images, documents, audio, video, archives, and many more. Disk Drill’s basic edition of Disk Drill lets you show and restore up to 500Mb worth of recoverable files.
This is the method to retrieve information from an RAW drive using Disk Drill:
- Download and start Disk Drill for Windows.
- Choose the storage device with RAW and then search to find lost data.
- Use the filters for file formats on the left side to reduce the results of your scan until you locate the file you’re searching for.
- Check the box next to the file, then click the blue Recover button at its lower left.
- Choose the recovery folder, then select OK.
You can clearly see that RAW part recovery using Disk Drill is so straightforward that even beginners can do it confidently.
Paid Method 2. Professional Data Recovery Service
If the files on your RAW hard drive matter in your life, look into hiring professionals Computer Security Protection in Dallas to retrieve the files on your behalf. So, you won’t be at risk of making a rookie error and not being able retrieve your data.
Many data recovery facilities offer the opportunity to test their services for free. Additionally, they only charge for information they are able to recover, which means you don’t have to fret about paying hundreds of dollars to absolutely nothing. To begin it’s as easy as take your RAW drive and send it to a data recovery center that you prefer.
Which method should I choose?
Answering this query is based on two factors that are your budget and the amount you’re willing to pay for the data you lose. These two variables determine which approach to pick:
- Value high, budget high = professional service for data recovery
- Value high, budget low = paid software for data recovery
- Low budget, low value= free techniques
Overall, the paid Data Recovery software can be the ideal choice for the majority of people because it provides top-quality RAW recovery results, without spending the user a lot of money.