The popularity of DIY shows grows and so does the amount of home owners who want to take on some DIY tasks that they can do themselves. In addition, with the wealth of helpful information available through websites such as YouTube and other sites, it’s easy to see why people are better than they ever have in DIY. Some homeowners may feel more at ease with minor plumbing installations or repairs. But, just like electrical DIYs, not all plumbing tasks are safe to tackle by yourself. In general, it can cost you time, effort and cash to hire an expert for the plumbing work. But there are many Local Plumbing Company in Sharjah and all over UAE that are safe to master and complete at home. Here are some simpler plumbing projects that you could try:
DIY Home Plumbing Repairs
Before beginning any DIY project, ensure you have the right time, equipment and the dedication to the task.
- Fix a leaky faucet: Worn-out or misaligned washers can be the source of a faucet that leaks. Before beginning this repair ensure that you shut off the water supply to your faucet (usually located beneath the sink inside the cupboard). When the water supply is turned off, you can re-align or repair the washer that is damaged (don’t forget to turn off the water back on after you’re finished).
- Clear everyday clogs: Rather than turning into chemicals that emit harmful fumes and could corrode your pipes in time, you can remove most obstructions using the plunger. If you can’t make it happen the drain snake may be the solution. The flexible, steel cable is made to allow you to get into the pipes to clear away even the most difficult blockages. If you feel any difficulties, Contact Drain Pro which is the most ideal company in Sharjah for any Emergency Plumbing in Sharjah, working day and night for your satisfaction.
- Stop Running Toilets The water that is still leaking from the tank is typically caused by a defective flushing mechanism or flap within the tank. Take off the lid of the tank to take a closer look. The first step is to determine whether the chain is hanging up or separated from the lever that flushes (if then, connect it). Also, ensure sure that the flushing mechanism isn’t damaged or disengaged or damaged in any manner. If all is well, test to check if the flap in good condition and sealing properly (flappers are prone to wear and begin to warp over time).
- Shut off an water Valve and the Master Shut-off Valve: In the situation of an emergency, your speed of response could mean the difference between tackling the puddle of water, or a home that is flooded. It is therefore essential to be aware of where your primary water valve is and know how close it in the event that you discover the presence of a leak. A small leak could quickly escalate into a huge issue should it not be addressed promptly. It is also a good idea to be aware of where the other valves for water supply are located in the event that you have to cut off water supply to a specific appliance such as your dishwasher or water heater.
- Fixing Low Water Pressure in the Shower: The lower pressure in your shower is usually due to mineral buildup. This can be eliminated by giving your shower head a thorough clean. One method to accomplish this is to fill the inside of a container with vinegar, securing it to the showerhead using an elastic band, and then let it rest for a night. If the issue is still present in the morning, you can use the toothpick in each jet opening to take off any mineral deposits.
- Install or replace Aerators They are the faucet accessories that add air to the water flow in order to maintain an even pressure of water and at the same time reduce water consumption. If you are required to replace or install an aerator simply remove the screen off the faucet and clean it off of the accumulation of sediment, then reconnect the screen or substitute it for a fresh one.
Related Article: How to Replace a Sink Pipe With 6 Easy Steps
Plumbing Jobs for Pros
While smaller projects are suitable for DIY, bigger plumbing projects can have more serious consequences in the event of a problem or if work isn’t completed correctly. The projects listed above are typically beyond even the most advanced DIY abilities. When it comes to these types of projects, it’s recommended to avoid the frustration, stress and cost and delegate the work to a certified professional, licensed, and skilled plumbing expert.
- Well pumps: If damaged or malfunctioning the well pump could develop excessive pressure, which can cause damage to your plumbing system if it is not taken care of promptly and properly. So, it’s best not to attempt to repair the malfunctioning pressurized system, which may cause injury to you or anyone else.
- Water heaters: Scalding hot water or gas and electric are just a few reasons to not make this fix. Additionally the fact that an installation improperly done could cause a flood that causes significant damage to your house. This is a repair or installation that should be handled by a qualified plumber Water Heater Repair Sharjah.
- Sump Pumps The operation of sump pumps demands a specific degree of technical knowledge. It is therefore not advised to troubleshooting or fixing an individual sump pump.
- Septic System Cleaning or Repairs: Because of specialized training equipment, tools, and licenses required to work on the septic system, you’re better in contacting a professional to perform any cleaning or repairs.
- working for Gas Lines: If you detect a gas smell leak, take you and your family out immediately and contact your gas company. A gas line in danger is an immediate danger for everyone within the area. The gas can cause nausea, lightheadedness nausea or even death. If it is ignited with sparks or flame, the gas may result in an explosion or fire that can cause severe destruction.
- Moving Plumbing Lines to facilitate renovations: If you are making renovations in your bathroom, kitchen or any other space where plumbing lines might require to be relocated or disengaged, this complicated task isn’t worth doing by yourself. There’s a lot of room for error and any blunders can lead to larger issues, larger problems, and damages.
- Replacing Bathroom Fixtures in the Main Room: You may think that replacing your bathtub is a quick and easy task However, there are many problems that can occur that make this kind of task much more complicated than many people imagine. Additionally, errors can cause property damage and a few additional costs.