The warm weather is a great excuse to spend time outside, particularly for children. From nature walks through the parks of Raleigh and playing with your children in their backyards, we are aware how vital sunlight and fresh air are however, ticks, mosquitoes and other bugs can cause danger when outdoors, since they carry diseases such as Lyme or West Nile virus.
To avoid mosquito bites on children and toddlers You want something that is secure but also efficient. Many insect repellents have DEET and Picaridin. While they’re considered safe for babies that are more than two months old, you might be hesitant to apply them to your child’s skin that is delicate. There are a variety of natural mosquito repellents suitable for toddlers and young children. To help you select the most effective and make use of it in a safe manner at Pest Control Services will share some information you should be aware of.
Applying insect repellents to children and Babies
No matter if you opt for an traditional repellent made of DEET or a more natural alternative made of plant-based components and oils of essential, the method the product is applied to your body equally crucial to your security. For best outcomes, you should follow these tips:
- spray the bug repellent spray onto your hands, and then rub your child’s skin, including the arms neck, legs, and arms.
- Always apply or spray outdoors;
- Avoid eating or drinking drinks to avoid contamination;
- Do not let this get into your children’s eyes or too close to their nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying
- Be aware of how often the label indicates that you will need to apply the cream again.
- Do not use the combination of insect repellent and sunscreen since sunscreens are often required to be applied more frequently than repellent for bugs.
Natural mosquito repellents for Toddlers and Children
If you’re looking to purchase a commercial insect repellent spray these choices are excellent to prevent mosquito bites on infants and children. They are free of DEET and picaridin:
- Babyganics Natural DEET Free Insect Repellent is an insect repellent with skin-soothing properties that is applied every 90 minutes to babies older than six months and contains peppermint, citronella lemongrass, rosemary and Geranium.
- Cali Baby Natural Blend Spray is suitable for infants aged six months and older and comes with a pleasant scent which is the result of the natural lemongrass and citronella essential oils. Since it’s not a strong scent the spray can be applied every 30 minutes, which makes it a great choice in the event that your baby won’t be out for long time. Additionally, it helps to fight ticks, fleas as well as mosquitoes and flies.
- Badger Balm Anti-Bug Balm is the natural ingredients consisting of olive oils and castor that moisturize the skin. Citronella and lemongrass. Cedar, cedar and rosemary oils are a natural way to repel mosquitoes and biting insects. Everyone can benefit from it, and it’s offered in stick, spray, and balm varieties.
Babysitters who are able to shield babies from insects and mosquitoes
If your child is less than six months old, speak with your pediatrician about any of the options above on their delicate skin. Certain essential oils are too to be used on babies so your doctor may suggest a different solution.
Additional Methods to Avoid and Avoid Mosquito Bites on Toddlers
Bugs and mosquitoes are frequent during the summer months so it’s crucial to take extra precautions to reduce the chance of your kids suffering from painful bites from bugs.
If you are looking for a reliable and Affordable Pest Control Los Angeles, then look no further than Pest Control Experts at Los Angeles Pest Controls Services. They have the experience and knowledge to get rid of your Insects and Mosquitoes problem quickly and efficiently, so you can focus on more important things.
Around The Yard
Keep insects and mosquitoes away from your property by following these steps:
- Plant citronellas in your yard, particularly near your play equipment and on your porch, where your kids are most likely to be playing.
- Do not let standing water sit in your backyard. Clean bird baths, buckets and other objects which can be a source of standing water. Cover water tables as well as kiddie pool when they are not being used, and if there are areas of low elevation in your yard that are prone to standing water is accumulating, think about raising the surface a little.
- If you’re looking to stay clear of burning citronella candles in the area the area where your children are playing You can consider an ultrasonic insect repellent such as Thermacell Radius Mosquito Repellent. It emits an odorless and mess-free insect repellent. It is simple, safe and easy to carry around.
On The Go
If you’re in the park or going for a stroll and would rather not use a repellent for insects that is applied to the surface You can consider these methods:
- “Bug Off Bands” are filled with citronella as well as other natural repellents. You and your kids can wear around your ankles or wrists or, for infants hang one on the stroller of your child or attach it to a Baby car seat (like the Ergo, Tula, or a sling-like wrap) to keep flies and mosquitoes away.
- Muslin blankets for babies are lightweight and cool, however bugs won’t be able to get through them, which keeps your baby secure.
- Avoid wearing perfumes and scents because certain scents can attract mosquitoes and insects.
Raleigh Preschool Wishes You an enjoyable, bug-free summer!
There’s no need to keep your children indoors throughout the summer in order to stay away from mosquito food or to look for chemicals that you’re not familiar with. There are a variety of options for natural solutions to protect yourself from insects If you are unsure speak to your pediatric physician about how you can most effectively prevent the bites of mosquitoes from your child or toddler!