Your Laptop is on, but there is no display is an area of concern, and perhaps even panic in certain cases. This is a complete guide for resolving the problem that occurs when your laptop’s power goes off but there’s not showing any display. We’ve got 8 solutions to help you work through your problem.
Solution: Laptop Doesn’t turn on but no Display on Laptop
In this article, I will go over some of the tried and tested methods using which you can solve your laptop’s problems without losing any information.
Laptop Screen Black But Running
My computer runs everything but it does not blink or fans when it’s standing in my face. It was working perfectly until it stopped working. I’ve checked all connections and everything appears to be fine to me, at least so far. Actually, not many people know how to fix a laptops that are turning on but showing nothing. What can you do if you can’t locate it on the screen after pressing the power button? The first thing to consider is that if you do not have the financial and physical strategies to protect each of your assets, you’re at risk.
Don’t worry. Today, I’ll provide you with a range of resolutions that can help you in removing the dreadful error screen. In this article you will be able to learn about the various resolutions that could be used to fix this problem.
Solution 1 Recover Laptop Data First
Make use of EaseUS bootable disk software for data recovery to repair the laptop’s black screen with no losing any data. How can I fix a black or adobe screen on my HP laptop running Windows 10? I believe this solution could answer your question. When you’re trying to solve your problems, there could be a possibility of losing data. Therefore, if you are truly concerned about the laptop’s data make sure you back up important files in the very beginning.
We highly recommend the most straightforward storage best data recovery software that we have available – EaseUS Bootable Disk Data Recovery software that can retrieve lost data. If the OS can’t running, or the hard drive has been damaged it is easy to recover deleted data using the program’s USB device that can boot.
Step 1: Create a bootable disk
- Begin by making an unfilled USB.
Note: If you make an bootable USB with flash drives and the data is erased. There may be issues doing this if you’ve got important information on the device.
- Attach your USB flash drive with your PC, then open EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard WinPE Edition. Choose the USB drive and click Create to create an bootable disk.
Step 2. Step 2: Boot the bootable USB
- When the disk that can boot is the required device, it is highly likely that any computer operating a computer OS such as Windows, Linux, or macOS it will not start up after the user inserts the disk. If the machine you’re trying to repair won’t boot and you have to use the key F2 to enter the BIOS.
- Enter F10to start to start the menu.
Step 3. Recover information from a hard disk which won’t boot.
- Choose the drive you wish to scan for the lost files.
- Select Scan to begin scan process.
- When the scan is completed You can view each of the recoverable files, choose the files you want to recover, then hit Recover in the upper-right corner of the screen. You can then save all the information to your storage device so that you can retrieve or restore them in the future.
Solution 2: Perform A Hard Reset
Your laptop’s efforts could be factory reset, without the need to connect to or plug into the computer when it is having issues starting or has problems. If you don’t know how to carry out an unidirectional reset, follow these steps:
Perform a Hard Reset Using Removable Battery
- Turn OFF your laptop
- Unplug any power source external to the system and take out the battery
- Hold your Power button, or the Start button for 5 to 10 seconds to let go of any remaining electric charge
- Connect the power source without reinstalling the battery.
- Click the power button or start button like you would normally to start your laptop.
- If you see the Windows warning screen that states Windows wasn’t shutting down as normal then select from the Start Windows normally dialog, if it’s not highlighted already.
- After the hard reset has been completed, you must connect your battery
Perform a Hard Reset without Removable Battery
- Take away all connections(such as power, printers storage, as well as others peripherals)from your laptop
- Hold on the button for power button down for 10 second in order to complete this task.
- Reconnect the power supply
- Hit the power button the same way as you normally would to start your laptop.
- Continue with steps 6 and 7 by using an unremovable battery
Most likely, the hard reset could be the best solution to fix your laptop that turns on , but there is no display on the laptop. If the issue is still there you can try other options
Solution 3 Test Your Monitor
It is recommended to always start with basic troubleshooting before you begin more complicated or lengthy processes when your computer is started however the screen is blank.
It’s likely that your computer is operating well, but it’s possible that you might be experiencing a display issue. If you don’t, keep searching for alternative solutions.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Memory Modules
If the memory module is damaged the result is usually an laptop’s screen turning black but running. Therefore, replacing the memory modules could fix the laptop’s black screen but running problem. How to do it:
- Switch off your laptop and then unplug from the electricity cord.
- Uncover the case and gain access to the memory
- Take the memory modules out of the memory slot
- Re-insert all memory modules.
- Make sure that the laptop you are using can start and run the Windows operating system.
Solution 5. Remove The Memory From The BIOS
Your computer’s problems could be due to a BIOS misconfiguration. If this is the case, try restarting the boot procedure repeatedly on your motherboard, with the aim of restoring your configurations back to their default settings.
If this fix solved the issue: What’s wrong with my laptop? It’s turning on, but not showing a display? ensure that any subsequent changes to the BIOS are done one data time, so that when the issue recurs you’ll know what changes caused the problem.
Solution 6: Reset Your PC
If your computer is on but has no display is visible, you can refresh or shut down your laptop or PC without affecting your personal data applications, files or preferences.
- Use the keys Windows + Lkey and Windows + L key on your keyboard.
- Hold and press the Power + Shift key.
- Then click and then click Restart in the lower right-hand part of the display. The computer will reboot in the Windows Recovery Environment(WinRE)
- On the screen of options Select the Troubleshooting option > Reset this computer and click Next
Solution on How to Troubleshoot If My Laptop is on but there is no Display is On Laptop
If your computer is on, but it doesn’t display anything is displayed, don’t panic and look at the solutions we’ve provided above to fix the issue. If you know of any alternatives to this “Laptop being on but showing nothing” problem, then please leave a post them in the comments section below.